[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default Good video of a gybe gone wrong in gnarly conditions

"Wayne.B" wrote
http://tinyurl.com/5vd2db

"Dennis Pogson" wrote:
Did someone forget to let everything go? At the start of the clip, the helm
seems to be steering in the right direction, but the boat wasn't answering
to his turning the wheel. Too small a rudder?

Doubt it's too small a rudder, looked to me like a "death roll" where
the boat gets too much windward heel and spins out in the opposite
direction of a traditional broach. Could have been the canting keel
did it to them. It looked to me like the spinnaker was pretty much
under control.

They certainly weren't execting it, nobody was near the runners much
less the mainsheet.

Poor *******s looked kinda cold, too

Fresh Breezes- Doug