Jason

Default Question bout caulking and rotten planks

I have been looking at the hull of my 1973 carver 28' mariner which i
just bought about a week ago..
The hull is planked mohogany but i noticed 2 or 3 spots where there is
rot in the planks by the frames just about at the water line..

Can anyone tell me what i should do?
I was thinking of sanding down the outside to get rid of the paint and
the other **** the previous owner just slopped on to cover some areas
to take a good look at the hull.

How does one go about removing a plank? is it possible to just cut out
the problem section and replace it with another piece of wood without
removing the whole plank, then sealing it somehow??

How does one go about making the hull watertight?
I know nothin about caulking but would like any information someone
can give.

I was thinking about just remove the caulking and stuff around the
problem areas/planks so the caulking of the other planks stays there
(less work for me) but is this wise?

Also, i noticed when i lay on the v-berth and look up i see mould
growing on the deck's underside. how does one go about removing
mould? does the presence of this mold mean that i have to replace the
deck too?

any advice would be appreciated.
Jay.