Jim

Default Lead Shot needed

Or a few gallons of epoxy, a little at a time.

Jim wrote:

What is going to keep these weights from shifting? Loose lead pigs
could be a real problem.

One solution to this is has been to finish with pouring cement into the
voids.

Jim

mike worrall wrote:

I've begun stacking rectangular lead 'pigs' into my internally
ballasted keel cavity. Becuase the pigs ARE retangular, and the keel
is not, there are some 'voids' or 'vacancies' into which I hope to
pour lead shot so as to fill these voids. I figure I'll need a couple
hundred lbs.

I've discovered a few sites on the 'Net selling 25lb bags for $15, but
am hoping that the assembled brain-trust can suggest a less expensive
option.

Mike Worrall
Los Angeles