Glenn Ashmore

Default Lead Shot needed

Try a gun range. Especially an indoor range with a sand backstop. They
have to sift tons of bullet lead out of the sand every month or so and
would be glad to get 5 or 6 cents a pound for it.

mike worrall wrote:
I've begun stacking rectangular lead 'pigs' into my internally
ballasted keel cavity. Becuase the pigs ARE retangular, and the keel
is not, there are some 'voids' or 'vacancies' into which I hope to
pour lead shot so as to fill these voids. I figure I'll need a couple
hundred lbs.

I've discovered a few sites on the 'Net selling 25lb bags for $15, but
am hoping that the assembled brain-trust can suggest a less expensive
option.

Mike Worrall
Los Angeles

--