Keith

Default Barrier Coating a fiberglass hull....

Here's what I applied after peeling and drying with the hot-vac system:

3 sessions of 1.5 oz. fiberglass mat with vinylester resin
2 coats Interprotect 1000 - High build epoxy primer
2 coats Interprotect 2000 - 2 part epoxy barrier coat
1 heavy sweep Interprotect VC tar2 - Watertight 2 part epoxy putty
3 coats Interprotect 2000 - 2 part epoxy barrier coat
2 coats antifouling - Petit Trinidad SR (4 gallons).

No blisters after 9 months or so... will continue to report.

--

Keith
__
"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message
What is the difference in the following paints for the optimal barrier
coating for a fiberglass hull:

1-one part epoxy

2-two part epoxy

3-LPU

4-somethin' else

What would be the most effective sequence for barrier coating for a boat
that has had nothing done beyond Awlgripping [over 5 yrs ago] ?

Appreciatively,

Courtney Thomas

--
s/v Mutiny