Glenn Ashmore

Default Barrier Coating a fiberglass hull....

First of all, barrier coats should be applied from the boot stripe down
so 2-part LPU is definitely out. Most brands say on the lable that they
are not for use below the waterline.

I did quite a lot of research on permiability and cost before I decided.
I ended up with 4 coats of West 105/205 with about 4lb/gallon powdered
copper. I don't know that the particular brand of epoxy matters other
than it should be 100% solids.

Courtney Thomas wrote:
What is the difference in the following paints for the optimal barrier
coating for a fiberglass hull:

1-one part epoxy

2-two part epoxy

3-LPU

4-somethin' else

What would be the most effective sequence for barrier coating for a boat
that has had nothing done beyond Awlgripping [over 5 yrs ago] ?

Appreciatively,

Courtney Thomas

--
Glenn Ashmore