posted to alt.sailing.asa
Marty[_2_] Marty[_2_] is offline

Default Whooopeee!!!!!

Dave wrote:

In that case, let me set you straight. I do not believe it would be a good
idea if we still had 12 year olds working six and half days a week, eighty
hours. Even if they were generously paid for their work.

Nor do I beat my wife.

Good, on both counts.

For the record, for the second time, I don't think your government, nor
ours should be bailing these companies out, either through low interest
loans or grants. I remember GM getting just such a bail out 20 or so
years ago; it did no good, plants were still closed people lost their
jobs and now they're in even worse shape. None of the Detroit three
have done much to keep up with the times.

At a recent international auto show the Europeans and Japanese rolled
out a bunch of small fuel efficient cars and trucks, (Volkswagen won
some kind of award for a 4 cylinder diesel Jetta); what did Detroit show?

BIG fuel guzzling expensive cars and SUVs, let 'em die I say, but don't
blame labour.

Cheers
Martin