Ryk

Default Sailboat Restoration - Is it worth it?

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:18:22 GMT, in message

Jim Conlin wrote:

Two recommendations:
Duct tape! Use no more than one roll to bandage the wounds.
Use the boat only in water which is shallow enough that you can walk to shore.

From what I recall of sailing one of these things many years ago,
that's good advice for getting it go up wind as well.

wrote:
Sorry about all the questions. I've done glasswork before, but
I'm far from being a pro. Unfortunately I don't know the make either. Thank
you very much for your responses.

If you have some skills and are ready to work, you can probably get
more sailing by volunteering to help somebody on their restoration of
a boat more worthy of the time, effort, and money. Good skippers value
good crew, especially those who are ready to work on the boat.

Ryk