Glenn Ashmore

Default searching archives

Alum, hot water and patience. Desolve the alum in boiling water until
it can't take any more. Turn back to just below simmer and soak the
part. You will see a little guizer of bubbles spewing from the hole as
the alum does its thing. Took me about 4 hours to get a #4 tap out of a
block of aluminum. Works with brass too but don't try it with steel. :-)

Drew Dalgleish wrote:
Can someone please tell me where to go to search past postings to this
site. Or a while ago someone told how to remove a broken tap from
aluminum. Anyone remember how it's done.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com