Wayne.B

Default Noise and generators

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:53:28 -0400, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:
Fron what I understand, the higher frequency noise of the 3600
RPM gensets is easier to dampen than the lower frequency of the
1800 RPM units.

That has not been my experience for what its worth. My last boat had
a 3600 RPM gas Kohler with a decent sound shield and water lift
muffler, shock mounted under the rear deck. Inside the cabin with the
A/C on, the noise level was barely noticeable. Outside in the cockpit
however I found it objectionable. Not really ear splitting or
anything, just annoying. It had kind of a frantic over reving quality
to it that I have not noticed in 1800 RPM units.