Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Leadership defined...

"Boater" wrote in message

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:

It's all about signals and Obama hasn't sent the right signals.
I agree - he needs to put a transitional Treasury Secretary in place
to calm things down and send the right signal.
You would think a "community organizer" would understand the need.

Once again, we only have one president at a time. What you are
advocating is a variance of the parliamentary system, sort of, in which
the opposition party has some standing, and in which there are "shadow"
officials of the opposition party, ready to move in and take over on
practically a moment's notice.

At the moment, Barack Obama has absolutely no standing constitutionally.
Hell, he even resigned his seat in the U.S. Senate. How can he "put a
transitional Treasury Secretary in place"? If he attempted that, under
our system, it would be usurpation of power and, in fact, pretty much a
coup.

I don't think Tom suggested a working Treasury Secretary. Of course he
can't do that yet. I think he meant announcing his choice for one, which
might help generate some optimism for the economic climate that exists.
Instead, Hillary is doing her routine again, holding up much needed
announcements while she negotiates her level of power in the pecking order
of his proposed cabinet. It's just like the negotiations that took place
before she would agree to concede victory to Obama in the primaries and
drop
her threats of "taking it to the convention". You can bet that *that* is
exactly what is going on. Hillary first. Country second.

Traditionally, the incoming POTUS keeps his mouth shut about current issues
until he takes office.
The current economic situation is not typical or traditional. GM may be
gonzo by Jan 20th.
Obama needs to chime in and present his plan to be executed as soon as he
takes the reigns. Instead, he has quickly and conveniently resigned from
the Senate sooner than traditionally, so he won't have to go on record with
his vote for the possible bailout.

Creeps, every single one of them.

Eisboch
p.s. Harry, sorry about sending this email. Hit the wrong "reply" button.