Tom Francis - SWSports Tom Francis - SWSports is offline

Default Leadership defined...

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 02:09:41 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Boater" wrote in message
Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-capitol-hill/

A. We only have one head of state at a time here.

B. The Moonie paper? snerk

Maybe, but Bush has pushed to redirect the $25B already authorized for green
car development to a temporary cash flow assistance to the auto industry to
tide them over until Obama takes office and decides what he wants to do.
Seems reasonable to me.

Meanwhile, up until yesterday, the Dems in Congress wanted to slice off some
of the $700B TARP funding to bail out Detroit, particularly GM. That is,
until Pelosi and Reid realized that the political wind wasn't in their
favor, so they changed their tune.

This crisis is not a typical, POTUS to POTUS transitional issue. Decisions
need to be made now, not on January 20th, if one believes GM needs to be
saved. Obama should be exercising his influence on the matter, not voting
"present" because unless something is done in the next 3 weeks or so, GM may
no longer exist as a going concern.

That doesn't mean that my personal opinion is for a bailout. I still
believe a planned, Chapter 11 filing and reorganization is necessary, under
which a bridge loan from the government (taxpayers) would be exercised to
help finance operations during the reorganization period.

It's all about signals and Obama hasn't sent the right signals.

I agree - he needs to put a transitional Treasury Secretary in place
to calm things down and send the right signal.

You would think a "community organizer" would understand the need.