Tom Francis - SWSports Tom Francis - SWSports is offline

Default shift assist module

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 21:25:54 -0800 (PST), TJ
wrote:

I have an '87 305 OMC stern drive with a converted electronic ignition
system that has a non functioning ESA shift module. My question is
do I need a different ESA shift module that is compatiable with
electronic ignition system?

I have no idea, but I would just like to say that when I saw the title
of the post, I parsed it as "sh*t assist module" and what that tells
me is that this is going to be one of those days.

Yes indeedy...

However, as I understand it, as long as you can find the method by
which the ESA interrupts the ignition for shift purposes (which is the
method Mercury uses I think and I can't see why OMC wouldn't have done
it the same way), then I would think that you could install that with
relatively few problems.

Then again, I'm a moron so don't take anything I saw as law - or even
informed for that matter.