posted to alt.sailing.asa
Marty[_2_] Marty[_2_] is offline

Default Whooopeee!!!!!

Dave wrote:
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:35:04 -0500, Marty said:

What was your answer to the above question again, Not At All? Was Marty's
description of those downtrodden child laborers in the domestic Toyota
plants accurate?

Did you get somebody else to take the Bar exam for you? Given the
reading comprehension, or rather lack thereof that you continue to
exhibit I don't see how it could be otherwise.

Ah, so you do believe that labor in the Japanese companies' U.S. plants are
"12 year olds working six and half days a week, eighty hours for
barely enough compensation to pay for their own food....?" If not, what is
the message you intended to convey in using that phrase?

I should have thought it quite clear, but since you insist on behaving
in such a disingenuous manner I'll endeavor to edify you.

Try reading the whole sentence again:

"Dave, you clearly feel that it would be better for us all if we still
had 12 year olds working six and half days a week, eighty hours for
barely enough compensation to pay for their own food.... "

It is a statement of what I believe to be your sentiments, not a
reflection of current employment practices of Toyota. In fact if you
remembered my earlier post, I specifically said that Toyota pays it's
employees well, but you chose to ignore that and make up some stuff
about how Ford's benefit plan was killing them, while they were selling
cars for less than Toyota, albeit, with limited success.

Cheers
Martin