Alan White Alan White is offline

Default 50 footer ashore at Hatteras....

"Gogarty" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Problem with this sailboat is that, once through the initial breakers,
he's
going to find a really long sand bar that parallels the beach about 75
yards
out. The other thing is, if you've ever seen Hatteras during a storm you
would come to the conclusion that launching is not an option during a
storm.
I used to windsurf out there with my buddies during some of the milder
Noreasters and I can honestly say those breakers on the outer bars will
pitch upwards of 15 feet. If they're 'barrelling' they'll suck the sand
bar
shallow.

I wonder what his insurance status is? Would not surprise me at all if the
boat became a total loss.

Here're some more pics:
http://live2sail.blogspot.com/2008/1...-atlantic.html

Alan