posted to alt.sailing.asa
Charles Momsen Charles Momsen is offline

Default single handling crusiers

"Charles Momsen" wrote in message

Which brings me to my question: what boat would you recommend for the
live aboard trial? Something no older that say 1983, between 28 and 35',
a sloop, that could be bought for no more than $60,000.

Congratulations on your retirement. Rather than get the ideal boat
upfront, buy a lower cost "value" boat first. You'll probably make
mistakes at first (crashing into stuff, breaking things or doing something
that leaves a really big mark/gouge.) so get something you could walk away
from. Make your second boat count. Buy whatever is cheap and popular in
your area. You can easily resell it at a small loss and learn so much
without fear of real financial loss.

On Sept 25 the DJIA was at about 11,000.

Today, Nov 20 it sits below 8,000.

Down 27% in less than 2 months, down 43% from its high.

There are a lot of Americans pinching pennies today.

If you have the money, now is the time to start looking for a good value
boat.

You'll find Pacific Seacrafts (they stopped making the Dana again) and other
quality boats on the chopping block.

Great time to buy a Mitsubishi Evo too, no one else is and dealers are
willing to bargain.

Stores are virtually empty, resort areas barren, prices for goods, food and
fuel are dropping.

People are willing to work harder for less.

For $60K you can get your dream boat of a lifetime.

Go for it!