Larry Larry is offline

Default 50 footer ashore at Hatteras....

Jere Lull wrote in news:2008112000140375249-
jerelull@maccom:

I sorta agree with both, but have seen a tower-friend dig a channel and
increase the depth at the same time with prop wash. He was sorta crazy.
Obviously did damage to impellers and pumps, and he rarely had paint
(or barnacles) on his props.

We have one towboat captain that comes to our little kiddie beach in the
Stono River with the towboat. He digs us a channel to run the family
runabouts through to the backside of the island to keep our boats out of
the wakes from the other boats. Doesn't seem to bother the massive screws
on the towboat that take the brunt of several thousand horsepower pulling
massive barges all day or he wouldn't be doing it. Several thousand HP
make a great little makeshift dredge...(c;