Boater Boater is offline

Default Kerry in line for Chair of Senate Foreign Relations Committee

BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

By Bryan Bender, Boston Globe Staff

WASHINGTON -- More than three decades after he first appeared before
the panel as a 27-year-old Vietnam veteran-turned-antiwar protester,
Senator John F. Kerry is widely expected to be named the new
chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, a position that
will give him enormous influence over international relations.

The pending announcement by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, which
congressional aides said could come as early as today, would elevate
Kerry to the top of the foreign policy establishment and give him a
major role in shaping President-elect Barack Obama's foreign policy
priorities.

Kerry, 64, who was elected to a fifth term in the US Senate from
Massachusetts earlier this month, will be officially handed the
gavel when the new congressional session convenes in January,
according to multiple Capitol Hill sources. He will replace the
outgoing chairman, Vice President-elect Joe Biden.

---

Delicious.

Whoopie. Big title. Little responsibility. No accountablilty.
Business as usual.

Eisboch

You are not aware of the power of a chair of a major Senate committee,
I suppose.

We are aware of what Frank and Dodd did. Would you care to talk about that.

"We?" You and the voices in your head? Who cares.