Tim Tim is offline

Default Battling the Antivirus -2009

On Nov 19, 10:42*am, Vic Smith
wrote:
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 06:19:47 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

I've used HT before with good success, and yes, you must be careful,
but after examining closly I couldn't find anything with it.

That bug must have been inbedded well. But then again, I confessI'm no
geek.

I'm a geek, but still got tired of cleaning this crap up when it got
in.
Now I just restore from an image when it happens.
Can't remember the last time I got a virus since I've been using the
free versions of Zone Alarm and AVG.
You might want to look into imaging software, which basically
lets you restore to before you got a virus. *It's cheap insurance.
It takes a little thought and effort to set it up properly, and make
an image now and then. but once you do it you never have to worry
about reinstalling Windows again.

--Vic

Vic, my geek is going to work with image. He recommended that as well.