[email protected] LoogyPicker@gmail.com is offline

Default Some of my favorite restaurants in Jacksonville, FL...

On Nov 18, 2:58*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 05:36:38 -0800 (PST), wrote:
On Nov 17, 6:36*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:35:51 -0500, Boater
wrote:

Great seafood, interesting atmosphere...in Mayport

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Over...spx?RefID=5517

Best restaurant in NE Florida, on the ICW

http://www.marker32.com/

I was talking to my wife about possibly switching coasts in Florida.
My big argument is east coast surf fishing, which we really enjoy.
That place could be another.

--Vic

Jax is featureless. Miles and miles of mobile home parks,
subdivisions, military bases and the bars that accompany them.

Never been there, but that's how I've always imagined it from what
I've read. *Once heard that by area it's the largest city in the U.S.
Always used to seem to me from my Florida visits that the Gulf coast
was more "laid back" than the east coast, but the east coast had
better fishing - and probably better seafood restaurants.
But generalizations are dangerous, especially with as little
experience as I have. *
All my east coast experience is around Port St. Lucie/Hutchinson
Island, which I liked well enough.
Had fried gator near Okeechobee. *Pretty good.
Better than chicken. *But maybe I was just real hungry.

--Vic- Hide quoted text -

Gator's fine when cooked right! Used to be a little hole in the wall
place near where I lived that had good gator. I lived in the sticks!