Tim Tim is offline

Default Battling the Antivirus -2009

On Nov 19, 7:55*am, wf3h wrote:
On Nov 19, 7:44*am, Tim wrote:

This bug is evil! *somehow it got downloaded on my computer withought
my knowledge. I'm no geek so I don't know what all it does,

you might look up a program called 'hijack this':

http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-...-10227353.html

but make sure you read the instructions at the website before you
delete anything on your computer. i had the same problem caused by a
latvian (yes, a latvian) browser hijacker.

when the program at the 'hijack this' website was loaded, it told me
everything that was in my registry. the latvians had labeled their pop
ups with the name of the website it keep redirecting me to so i *found
it in the registry and deleted it...

problem solved.

but make sure you check the instructions!!

I've used HT before with good success, and yes, you must be careful,
but after examining closly I couldn't find anything with it.

That bug must have been inbedded well. But then again, I confessI'm no
geek.