DSK

Default Fuel Tank Construction

"Wayne.B" wrote
I've gotten several estimates (all over $30K), and a large enough
survey adjustment to make for a satisfactory deal....
The tanks will be made by a contractor but I want to be sure they are
spec'd properly.

Evan Gatehouse wrote:
I'd hire a naval architect for a day. Stuff like designing a 500 gallon
tank probably should not be left to a contractor.

Agree strongly! While I hesitate to suggest that it *must* be an
adversarial relationship, you really don't want the low-bid contractor
doing both the design and construction. If you're going to drop that
much money, you should spend the small amount extra to get a proper
design for the tanks.

Also I am slightly surprised that nobody suggested Monel... if it's
going to cost that much anyway...

Fresh Breezes- Doug King