Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Some of my favorite restaurants in Jacksonville, FL...

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:30:10 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Here's a pic of Jacksonville Beach:
http://tinyurl.com/5pcxu3

That's besides the whole beachfront for miles and miles is nothing but
condos.

Same way with Amelia Island, Fernandina is a disaster, Atlantic Beach
Neptune, Ponte Verde, etc. all about the same. Jacksonville is the
fourth largest metro area in Florida, but hey, according to Harry,
none of them must go to the beaches!
Oh, and according to Harry, the weather is better in Jax than other
Florida cities to the south. BUT, alas, the average temp in July and
Aug is one degree different than Tampa!

What I've always had in mind for Florida is to get to places on the
gulf where there are no condos lining the beaches.
That means tripping on a boat to mangrove areas.
My uncle always wanted me to come down Cape Coral and we would
take a trip down to mangroves south, towards Everglades city, and just
fish, eat fish and fish some more for a week or so.
Never happened, but I still think of doing it.
Ever gone down there?
Wayne may have, but he never mentions fishing.

--Vic