Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Say, Herring...

"JohnH" wrote in message

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:55:53 -0500, Boater wrote:

Apparently the illustrious Mrs. E does indeed use the heavy lens.

I'm in the market for a full-frame 70-200 zoom. I'm probably going to go
for new Tamron, sans VR, which I never used much anyway.

Good luck with it. I use the VR continuously. Why not, if it's there? It
makes a hell of a difference when 'off hand shooting' at high
magnification.
--
John H.

I didn't think she used it because I never see it on her camera. It's always
in the box, sitting on a shelf. But, it turns out she uses it with a tripod
when taking longer range pictures at horse riding competitions, etc. I
picked it up. It *is* heavy compared to the zoom I occasionally use on my
camera.

Eisboch