posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Whooopeee!!!!!

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:54:13 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

I have a very hard time believing that any company would pay someone not
work. It certainly can't be significant, given the other huge benefit
costs,
which is the major contributor to the cost of their autos/trucks.

You need to do some homework. Google up "jobs bank."

What's the
percentage? I'd be interested to know. As far as giving up part of their
wages, it seems to me that if one has a choice between a job that pays a
bit
less vs. not having a job, it's a no-brainer.

I think perhaps you should 'splain that to the UAW leadership.

You need to try your own research suggestions.

The additional cost is about $1600 per car. That's a lot. But, they sell
crappy cars. The UAW is willing to put "all of the benefits" on the table,
according to their pres.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com