Wayne.B

Default Fuel Tank Construction

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 07:08:12 +0200, "Steve Lusardi"
wrote:
Wayne, you are talking about a reasonable effort and significant cost
regardless of the material chosen, Do not use aluminum, it is far too
reactive. Do not use gavanized steel. The diesel will disolve the zinc. The
ultimate material should be 316TI SS and next best would be mild steel
blasted and painted with the special Permatex tank paint. This paint is
designed for large storage tanks and must be ordered specially. I just
finished 2 water tanks slightly smaller than yours in stainless and the
material cost was $3200 and that included access hatches.

Steve, a couple of questions:

1. Dou you use the Permatex both inside and out? Manufacturer?

2. I've always heard that SS tanks for diesel were a problem because
of weld corrosion. Is that not a problem with 316TI?