noah

Default The problem with these off-topic, political threads...

On 04 Sep 2003 00:46:54 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

The regulars can't complain about a lack of on-topic threads if they don't
start any.

I disagree.

I **look** for newbie posts, to see if I can help somebody out. If I
can, or think I can, I respond. About 1 in 1000, I start a thread,
and only the boaters respond: which is OK by me.

rec.boats.lounge

noah

Fine, but are you then complaining about a lack of on-topic threads? I don't
maintain that everybody has to start on-topic threads, but it does seem
inconsistent that manyh people who virtually never begin an on-topic thread
then complain about a lack of same.

Chuck, I know there are whiners. My base observation is that
rec.boats is more about politics-- no: political bashing and
personal insult, than it is about boats.

The regs control the "flavor" of the group. What's it taste like?

I respect you and quite a few other regs in the group, but I am
puzzled about the willingness of some to OT it to death.

noah