Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default GM in Canada

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 18:33:11 -0500, Boater
wrote:

Vic Smith wrote:
On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 19:08:51 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

BTW total auto sales in canada rose slightly in September due to a big
increase for Toyota.
This is odd because you can't get a deal from them. Even in this unsure
financial climate, a local salesman said Toyota Canada wasn't offering
incentives to clear the left over '08 stock... but the dealer would drop the
price by $500.00. I almost laughed in his face....

I posted to rec.autos.gm about this, and a Cannuck who works at the
Oshawa plant said Impala sales were actually up. I saw a slew of them
on a recent road trip.
Much is up in the air, and nobody has a clue what will happen.
Maybe that's a good thing.

--Vic

If you needed a new car right now, would you buy one from a company
teetering on the brink?

Since I never buy new cars, I can't really say. Probably not.
But I have a very strong feeling GM will be around a long time, in
some form. Too big to die.

--Vic