Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Trailer liability?

wrote in message

I don't know if it matters, but this was on private property, in a
parking lot so no tickets were issued... This guy says he is going to
call his ins agent, should I call mine and make a claim for the
scratch on my trailer just to cover my ass?

Here's my free advice, for what's it's worth:

1. Private property or not, a accident report should be filed with the
police, especially if he is
making noises about suing, or holding you responsible. You can still
do that.
2. I'll bet if you check your insurance policy, you are *required* to report
to them any accident in
which a claim may be made.

3. Do both. Write down your recollection of what happened and make copies.
If insurance adjusters
start calling or asking for a statement, hand a copy of the same,
written statement to them and
any other authorized authority that asked for a statement.

4. States vary with their insurance regulations. Check yours.

Eisboch