[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default Trailer liability?

On Nov 15, 2:15*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Gene" wrote in message

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 10:15:48 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Took the Chevy Blazer and the flatbed trailer 4X8 to the post office
today. No place to park so I stuck it in a spot and the trailer was
hanging out in the lane and ran inside the post office. A guy in a new
truck backs out af an adjacent spot and hits my trailer, now he want
to sue me for damage to his truck. Am I liable or is he responsible?
Any Ideas?

Scotty

If it went to court, you might be ruled "partially" liable. He failed
to see that the movement could be made in safety and probably needs to
learn how to use those new mirrors.

If it goes to small claims, without pictures and witnesses, I doubt
anything would be decided.

He's a putz...... since he was the only vehicle in motion, I'd tell
him to sue me.....
__

Forté Agent 5.00 Build 1160

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://pamandgene.tranquilrefuge.net...at/my_boat.htm

Probably his fault. *Friend backing out of a parking space and guy hits him.
It is the fault of the guy backing out of the space according to the police
and the insurance company.- Hide quoted text -

I don't know if it matters, but this was on private property, in a
parking lot so no tickets were issued... This guy says he is going to
call his ins agent, should I call mine and make a claim for the
scratch on my trailer just to cover my ass?