bowgus

Default fyi ... MCM185R and fuel pump filter

Oops ... apologies ... wrong link ...
http://www.bravodrives.com/bulletins_main.html

"bowgus" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
Old boat ... MCM 185R, Rochester 4bbl. Maybe 3 times this season I've had
serious misfire problems ... lasts maybe 10 - 15 minutes ... then goes

away.
So I figure over winter I'll clean the carb etc etc. In the meantime, I
installed an inline fuel filter and managed to remove the in carburator
filter and reassemble the line (without cracking the carb and with no fuel
leak) and I figure that's that for filters. Not so I just read
http://www.performancemarine.net/wwwboard/ . To my surprise, the Carter
fuel pump which I most likely have ... I'll check that out tomorrow after
work ... incorporates a filter!!! This boat is new to me last year ...

what
are the odds that the fuel pump filter has been checked/changed over the
past 20 years? Anyway, just passing this info along ... might be of

interest
to you guys with "older" boats.