Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default Interesting discussions

"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
Not much about boats, but given the critical nature of global events, I
thought today's spirited discussions were interesting.

I know I learned a few things and even had a couple of chuckles.

Good luck to everybody. We're gonna need it.

I even wish Obama well and hope he is ready for the challenges ahead of
him. We could have done worse.

We could have had Hillary.

Eisboch

I watched Palin's speech and suddenly aborted press conference today.
She is going to be the gift that keeps on giving.

Someone needs to tap her on the shoulder and whisper in her ear, "Sarah,
the election is over. You lost."

Eisboch

It's worse than that, although I have to admit she is less than gracious.
I'm hopeful her brand of simple-minded "social conservatism" is dead as a
national political agenda. It might still work in the stuperstitious south
and in Tennessee and West Virginia, but I hope the rest of the country is
sick and tired of the sort of the division it breeds. It's time for the
government to get the hell out of the bedroom and the personal lives of
adults, and stay out.

Maybe if the taxpayers were not having to pay for a lot of those escapades
in the bedroom, we could all agree to ignore the action.