[email protected] threepontoon@live.com is offline

Default Hey Wayne...

On Nov 13, 9:47*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Wayne.B" wrote in message

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:40:26 GMT, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

Ever mess around on 60 meters?

That's a very interesting band - in particular the beacon operations
in the UK.

No but I guess it would be possible given the continuous tuning of the
rig and antenna on the boat. *Is there any info on the web?

20 meters was pretty good yesterday around lunch time - easily worked
Texas and Michigan, even heard a station in Italy for the first time
in several years but he was generating a massive pileup. * My 150
watts PEP and 21 ft tuned whip just don't cut it against an armada of
shore stations.

Now don't go nuts on me, but years ago I had a Radio Shack "Base Station"
CB radio. *I bought it because it was easily "peaked up" to about 30 watts
PEP on sideband, and a few other illegal modifications. * On quiet Sunday
mornings I could occasionally talk to a guy in Italy from the south shore of
MA using it and a "Big Stick".

Eisboch-

Back in the day, I had a "white-face" Johnson CB, a Turner "+3" mic,
and a Shakespear Big Stick. The Johnson had the rectifier tube
replaced with diodes, and along with a couple of other mods it would
put out over 15 watts. That, along with the 100 watt linear amp,
provided some entertainment.