Gould 0738

Default Right-Wing Doctor Killer Executed

As I was driving up the freeway late this afternoon, I dialed in the local
conservative talk radio station to see what the right wing buzz would be.

The moderator, (some local), actually had a reasonable perspective: Whether or
not
abortion is morally right it is legal, whereas
murder is neither morally right nor legal.

About a third of the callers to this talk show defended Hill, and praised his
actions. One guy went so far as to suggest that homosexuals should be targeted
as well as abortion doctors.
Scary to think that those people are loose in society- but they have a right to
think any way they want until it turns into actual violence.

The good news was the even with an ultra-conservative audience the majority of
callers seemed to feel that Hill's case was
an absolute tragedy on all fronts.

Just as many people were prepared with
biblical quotes to condemn Hill as were prepared with bibilcal quotes to defend
his action. Some of the people on both sides left the Bible out of the question
and only discussed the law and general morality.

Personally, I am farther to the right on the abortion issue than 99% of the
people on the planet. It should never be used for birth control. No exceptions
where the only issue is birth control. Rape and situations where the mother's
life could be endangered by a pregnancy.....reluctantly. BUT, the difference
between Hill and me.....I'd never interfere with another person's legal right
obtain one or presume to execute somebody for perfoming one. I mean, what if
Hill and I are wrong? Who are we to impose our standards on others?

Hill thought he was doing God's work and was an instrument of justice. What
goes around, comes around and this afternoon the instrument of justice was a
lethal injection gurney.

No winners in this deal. None.