Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Why won't Harry shout out about the unions?

"Boater" wrote in message

Canuck57 wrote:

I learned early that being in the union wasn't for me. The union tried
to fire me once. All I did was shut down machinery that going amuck at
no risk to anyone and no skin off my ass. Turns out I saved the company
a bundle in repairs by noticing it in time. The union's grudge was that
it "wasn't your job!".

Bull****.

Harry, I've been witness to the same type of thing many times. Due to the
somewhat unconventional nature of the business I was in, some of the
confrontations with union facilities were humorous, but in the end,
unnessessarily costly. I learned early on to add additional manhours to our
costs, particularly for installations of systems, if the customer had a
union shop. It just took much longer to accomplish.

Eisboch