Luke B.

Default Wooden Raft Construction

I am currently planning to construct a wooden raft and taking a raft
trip on it. I wanted to just use about 12 logs to obtain all the
needed buoyancy for my comrade and myself and all of our gear, but I
figured that I might need to get some extra buoyancy so I was prepared
to use some 55 gallon drums if I had to. If anyone has any suggestions
about constriction of the raft or about the logistics of sailing for a
few days down the river I would greatly appreciate it. I was thinking
of building a shelter out of two by fours and a tarp to sleep under. I
would appreciate any advice on how to steer it, on how to propel it,
on how to make or find a battery powered anchor light, and how to go
about providing a waste management system for a non-discharge lake.
Thank you so much!