Tom Francis - SWSports Tom Francis - SWSports is offline

Default Is it just me?

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 07:30:12 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:03:10 GMT, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 23:21:42 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 18:31:36 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Or does everybody else have problems with electronics. This year, I
have replaced 3 hand held VHF units and am about to replace a
permanently mounted one that is only 2 yrs old.

I just replaced a fixed mount ICOM VHF that was over 15 years old. I
would have bought another ICOM but they no longer make one with the
same form factor so ending up buying a Standard that was a better fit
in my panel. Standard and ICOM both make high quality radios. For
navigation gear and radar Furuno really stands alone at the top of the
quality heap. Go down to your local commercial fishing dock and take
a look at what they are using.

I found out something intersting the other day - did you know that
Yaesu and Standard Horizon are now the same company?

I didn't know that.

A company called Vertex has owned the Yaesu brand for some time but
they are now Vertex Standard. I'm not sure when that happened.

http://www.vertexstandard.com/

I knew that Yaesu had been absorbed by somebody, but wasn't aware of
who bought them.

It's nice to know that Yaesu is still going - I've got a lot of moeny
invested Yaesu radio gear. :)