Boater Boater is offline

Default Fishing (was political)..

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
Same over in Narragansett Bay by the bridges. With the right wind,
these dummies get tossed around and sometimes into the bridge pilings.

As you said, no thanks.

Woosies! :)

I admit that I am not much of a fishing nut. When I do go, I'd much rather
troll slowly around the shore or rocks for stripers if in the small boat.
To me, blues are nothing but a pain and a waste of time. I know people
enjoy catching them on light gear because of the fight they put up, but
after a few times it gets old to me. I don't eat them, so there is no point
in catching them.

I just don't get a thrill of sitting amoung half a dozen or more other
boats, bottom fishing while bouncing and rocking for hours near a bunch of
bridge pilings. Much rather be underway and trolling or, if in a bigger
boat, go well offshore and either drift fish for cod or troll for tuna.

32 miles straight out from Scituate in 260 feet of water is a verrry
productive cod fishing day. Two or three trips will supply several families
fresh and frozen fish for the summer and following winter.

Eisboch

I enjoyed trolling for fish along the Florida shorelines and along the
Connecticut shorelines, but around here trolling is done far enough off
the shoreline that you can't see much, and there is very little bottom
structure. I also like sight fishing and drift fishing.

Thirty two miles from here is just more of the Bay.