Brian Nystrom

Default epoxy thickener

William R. Watt wrote:

Jim Conlin ) writes:

Brian, we are being trolled.

Define "trolled". What you are reading may be non-conventional but that is
how progress is made. Many of the advances in boat design and construction
that have made their way into conventional big boat commercial shops came
from the non-conventional small boat projects of amateurs.

I understand what you're saying and I realize that nearly anything
fibrous can be used as a thickner, but I think it's safe to say that
building a boat with epoxy mixed with insecticide powder goes well
beyond the definition of "non-conventional".

Maybe the next time I need to do some fillets, I'll thicken the epoxy
with Metamucil. It's got plenty of fiber and it should help to produce
fillets that are quite "smooth" and "regular". ;-)