William R. Watt

Default epoxy thickener

Jim Conlin ) writes:
Most progress is made by folks who have both an innovative idea and the
engineering skills and material resources to test it in a rigorous way.

I prefer the kind that start "We were stranded on an isolated island with
nothing but a box of paper clips and a forward hold full of dust bunnies" and
end "Twenty years later and it's never given us a hint of trouble."

I've been taking a bit of flack on the FreeNet for doubting the
advisability of some of the enhancements they've been adding, which have
subsequenlty lead to security problems on our home computers. My response
to "engineers", software and otherwise, is the engineer standing up to his
waist in floodwater seriously explaining how the dam could not possibly
fail.

Trolling includes asking fatuous questions like "Can i use dust bunnies instead of

fiberglass?".

I don't think that's trolling. Trolling is where you post a newsgroup
article for the sole purpose of seeing how many people respond.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm