Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Fishing (was political)..

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:32:59 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:08:08 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Meanwhile, I am spending a few days at my son's beachhouse on Cape Cod
Bay.
It's amazing the number of die-hard fishing nuts out on the cold, cold bay
in open CC's at 5 in the morning, looking for the last of the Striper and
Bluefish stragglers. Fishing is an addictive disease for some, I guess.
Not for me.

My Niece (Buzz's Marina Ridge Md) says it is still very busy down
there in spite of ball chilling cold. I guess as long as the fishing
is good, they will come.

Once dawn broke and I could see, I watched them for a while using
binnoculars from inside the warm house (the temp outside was 36 degrees).
My observations:

1. None of them were catching anything.
2. All of them looked miserable.

And all of them too cheap to buy warm, weather resistant, clothing.
People do live in Alaska. And it doesn't take 150 grand, and, in fact,
you don't have to be an airhead bimbo, to dress warm. It was as bad as
forty below in the bombers in WWII, and if shrapnel cut the wires to
the electrically heated clothes, you could lose fingers and toes.
Your CC may lack for shelter, but you can wear that. When I had a
sporting goods shop, I sold a big grocery company electrically socks
for the crew who worked in the walk in freezers. They make water
cooled long johns for the drivers of oven hot NASCAR racers. The fire
suit alone will keep you warm in a fishboat at 35 F. Take my word, I
own one, to go with the race car. Pump hot water through such
underwear and you can stay toasty when it is fifty below. Forty years
ago they started selling down parkas. Solved problem.

Casady