[email protected] maui@cruising.com is offline

Default Sam's Club 6 volt batteries - good or bad?

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:22:31 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:56:09 -0700, wrote:

They look similar to Trojan T-105's - are they better, worse, same as?
They are about $65 or so. 210 AH.

I've used them both.

Sam's Club 6 volt batteries are a good value but the Trojan T-105s are
a better battery: 225 A-H vs 210 for Sam's, and the T-105s seem to
last a bit longer. Are the T-105s worth almost twice as much?
Probably not in my opinion but it depends on your priorities.

I'm replacing the 6 T-105's that just quit. Cruised on them in Mexico
for 4 years so I know their suitable for full-time cruising. The Sam's
batteries look like they're made by Trojan as they have the same lift
"hooks" molded into the top of the case. I haven't had a chance to
weigh a Sam's battery.