Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Fishing (was political)..

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:32:59 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:08:08 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Meanwhile, I am spending a few days at my son's beachhouse on Cape Cod
Bay.
It's amazing the number of die-hard fishing nuts out on the cold, cold bay
in open CC's at 5 in the morning, looking for the last of the Striper and
Bluefish stragglers. Fishing is an addictive disease for some, I guess.
Not for me.

My Niece (Buzz's Marina Ridge Md) says it is still very busy down
there in spite of ball chilling cold. I guess as long as the fishing
is good, they will come.

Once dawn broke and I could see, I watched them for a while using
binnoculars from inside the warm house (the temp outside was 36 degrees).
My observations:

1. None of them were catching anything.
2. All of them looked miserable.

Probably a macho ritual. I can't think of any reason for the couple
times I went ice fishing except to "check it out." It checked out
cold, and I didn't catch anything.
I think about ice fishing whenever I see the crowd at a Bears or
Packers game when the temp is -10F.
brrrrrrr.

--Vic