Boater Boater is offline

Default Fishing (was political)..

Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:08:08 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Meanwhile, I am spending a few days at my son's beachhouse on Cape Cod
Bay.
It's amazing the number of die-hard fishing nuts out on the cold, cold bay
in open CC's at 5 in the morning, looking for the last of the Striper and
Bluefish stragglers. Fishing is an addictive disease for some, I guess.
Not for me.

My Niece (Buzz's Marina Ridge Md) says it is still very busy down
there in spite of ball chilling cold. I guess as long as the fishing
is good, they will come.

Once dawn broke and I could see, I watched them for a while using
binnoculars from inside the warm house (the temp outside was 36 degrees).
My observations:

1. None of them were catching anything.
2. All of them looked miserable.

Eisboch

It's only been in the 40's and 50's the last couple of days in the
mid-Bay area, and the catch is real slow. Under the best of
circumstances, spring through fall, fishing in the Bay is fairly slow
compared to what I was used to enjoying in north Florida and I know
south Florida on either coast is much better.

The *best* sal****er fishing in this area is down by Virginia Beach,
either out in the ocean or where the ocean meets the Bay and there is
plenty of structure. There's pretty good winter fishing down by the
Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, and I plan to head down there with a
couple of buddies next month. We're just going to hop on a head boat,
though.