[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Sam's Club 6 volt batteries - good or bad?

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 05:24:29 +0000, Larry wrote:

wrote in news:5b5053a2-afd4-4f53-99b1-6018d23ee065
:

I finally decided I cannot afford the cheap stuff from Wal Mart or
Harbor Freight.

Er, ah, Johnson Controls makes batteries for Walmart's Everstart brand.

Yuasa makes the small lead acid batteries, on of the best battery companies
on the planet.

Big batteries are too heavy to ship from Asia, so they contract Johnson
Controls to make them. Johnson Controls is the biggest lead-acid battery
manufacturer left in the USA.

Like all manufacturers, Johnson can make batteries to attain any price
point specified. Walmart tells them what they want to pay for a
battery, and Johnson supplies it. The best way to compare the quality
of flooded lead acid deep cycle batteries is to weigh them. There are
other minor things that do make a difference, but weight is by far the
most important factor.

Weigh a Lifeline group 27, a Rolls goup 27, and a Walmart group 27
and see if there is a difference.

There is a reason that Walmart batteries lose capacity so quickly.