Ron Magen

Default epoxy thickener

'Troll" or innovator not withstanding,
'Sevin', like just about ALL plant or garden bug/disease 'preventatives' is
TOXIC. While supposedly of no great concern when applied AS it was DESIGNED
to be used, make it airborne as a very fine particulate and THAT is another
story !!

When you mix a fine powder like Talc, etc. into epoxy {etc.}some of it
becomes airborne. We've all experienced that 'little cloud' and thought
nothing of it. Some of it definitely gets inhaled . . . that's why you can
SMELL it. That's the first time.

Secondly, when you are grinding and/or sanding down those lumps, runs, &
fillets . . . you are getting a dose of a combination of particulates . . .
the epoxy, the glass {a 'benign' substance when a solid}, and whatever the
filler material is. Even if you use a mask . . . if you can smell it . . .
guess what that THAT means !?!

There's no reason why you can't 'experiment' with ANYTHING you want . . .
anybody remember how 'Silly Putty' started? Just think FIRST about beyond
the 'immediate' activity.

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop
{Who STILL has ALL his fingers, toes, hair, etc. HOWEVER, many years ago my
Grandmother warned me about sitting on a cold, hard, marble floor. What she
foretold didn't happen that day, or the next week, or even the next year. It
happened THIS year !! }

"William R. Watt" wrote in message
Jim Conlin ) writes:
Brian, we are being trolled.