Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Alternator mystery solved

Denis M wrote:

Best of luck Roger. Here it does not cost all that much to rebuild an
alternator time is more of an issue.

Thanks. I'm optimistic because it was still charging. He said that they
are often dead by the time the charging light comes on and the batteries
stop charging because the rotor is so worn that it is out of balance or the
stator is ruined. The little alarm buzzer provides earlier warning than the
light because it broadcasts the static created by the first light contact
between the rotating parts.

I'll know for sure in a couple of days. I don't need to put it back on the
engine for about four months so time isn't an issue

--
Roger Long