Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Zac

"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
In article ,
"Roger Long" wrote:

I think he was talking about retensioning the sheets after everything is
furled. I've seen people do this. With enough tension, there could be
pressure of the foils on the stay at the point where the sheets come off
the
wrap.

Thinking about it since, I can't believe it would be an issue on a new
rig.

If the backstay was slacker than it should have been, and the roller
furling slide break-point wasn't bolted tightly, the result could cause
the furling slide to v-bend at that point. Then, when unfurling/furling
often, caused the break to happen.

Basically, bad installation.

All roll-ups are, by definition, bad installations.

Wilbur Hubbard