Steve Steve is offline

Default Yo - anybody want these things?

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:55:12 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:47:28 GMT, Steve wrote:

They didn't have to have a rewind. Have you ever
tried to rewind an 8-track to get to some part of a song you like
again, or to get to the song before the one you're listening to?

You don't rewind 8 tracks, they are one way but I assume you were
trying to make that point.
On the other hand there are 4 songs available at any time.
If you don't like your music enough to listen to it all, why did you
load it on the tape?
I agree an MP3 player is preferable to any tape format but this was
1968. Digital sound was just a dream. The only people with computers
big enough to actually play an MP3 would have been the government or a
big corporation and that computer would weigh 10,000 pounds, filling a
pretty good sized room

Well, casettes had 2 songs available at any time. And I didn't load
anything onto 8-track casettes. All the ones I have/had were
pre-recorded. Of course digital sound is better, but I was only
comparing 8-track to casette.

Steve