Parallax

Default epoxy thickener

(William R. Watt) wrote in message ...
Brian Nystrom ) writes:

Is this supposed to be a joke? If not, remind me never to board a vessel
that you've built.

talc and flour are used as thickenres in resins. the problem with scented
talc is the smell released when sanding. urea formaldehyde adehsive
(plastic resin marine glue) is sold as a powder which includes either
wheat or rye flour as a thickener.

One good reason I didn t just go to the store and buy powder is that
all I could find was scented. I can just imagine the inevitable
question from my wife, "Who have you been sailing with?" Furthermore,
it is fairly expensive.
Sevin dust is fairly cheap and supposedly innocuous to ppl but I didnt
like the idea. Even considered Ortho fire ant poison (remember, this
is Florida so it makes sense) but it stinks too much.